2011 didn't end on a good note for my family and myself. On December 7th my mom was admitted to the hospital with pnumonia(sp?) beginning the longest and hardest three weeks of my life. Beginning with the pnumonia and then adding complications of several TIA's, several heart attacks, and a septic gallbladder, my mom passed away on December 20th, 2011.
During the time that I spent in the hospital, hoping, praying, holding her hand, holding my dad and my brothers, I also read A LOT. One of the books I read was "Twenty Wishes" by Debbie Macomber, if you haven't read it, it is a very sweet story about a group of widows (probably not the best thing to read while watching someone die.) While the story has it's round about plots, the main premise is about doing things that you never made time for because the business of life in general takes charge. Over the past few days I've really been thinking about what "wishes" I may have that I've put away on a shelf somewhere waiting for "someday." The story stresses that you need to think of "wishes" not things you "should/need" to do. Things like eating better, losing weight, balancing the budget, etc, etc. We have to or should do those things, but what about the little things that get put off?
I decided to put my 20 wishes out in the open, and I challenge you to do the same thing. If you do post your 20 wishes please link you post so that I can share it with you. Now I've had time to think about my wishes and my list still isn't complete, but here's my beginning of 20 wishes.
1. Stand beside the ocean with someone I love and watch the sunset.
2. Make a quilt.
3. Knit a pair of socks.
4. Get back into scrapbooking my favorite memories.
5. Go on a Whale watching cruise and get close to these majestic creatures.
6. Have dinner with my brothers at least 4 times a year.
7. Go fishing with my dad.
8. Spend a romantic weekend with my husband at a unique bed and breakfast.
9. Take a yoga class.
10. Go dancing with Kait.
11. Play a video game with Jacob.
12. Walk in the woods with Ben.
13. Get back on a horse and ride.
14. Design an Angel garden in memory of family and friends I've lost.
I'm still not sure what else I'll put on my list, but I'll edit it when it comes to me.
What's your 20 wishes?