Tuesday, April 29, 2008
I pulled out an oldie but goodie for the Wow challenge this week - Salted Background! I wheeled my flowers with basic grey onto the glossy, then colorwashed over that, then salted and dried it - I love the spotty, filmy finish with this technique. It reminds me of a rosy sunset.You can find Beth's tutorial here> http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee...ed_background/
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Here's a link to the directions: Spirelli Steps
Here's my sample - I used crochet cotton in order to show you the "look" a little closer, however I do have to say that I think a finer thread would look prettier ;)
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Challenge #17 - To do the Cracked glass technique (I was hungry when I made the berry ones!)
Challenge #18 - Burberry Plaid (secret here - I didn't know what Burberry plaid was, had to Google it!) Once I saw it I recognized it, just didn't know it had a special name!
Challenge #15 - was a sketch challenge - isn't this just sweet!?! The imagine gave from a website (I can't remember the name right now!!!) andyway need to subscribe to it and they sell the images for you to download, but occasionally you'll get lucky enough to get a free one. Anyway I thought these kiddo's were perfect for this challenge!
Challenge #13, use red and neutrals only as your focal point - This one is making me hungry!!!!
Challenge #11, make a card with wedding elegance, so I went pretty simple with this one, simple is elegant to me! A cuttlebug background a simple sentiment, a copper layer, some copper brads, and some fabric flowers that I dyed with my alcohol inks!
Challenge #8 - Kids challenge to make a paper doll (I finally got Katie to do this after much eye rolling!)
Challenge #9 - A limited supply challenge to mimic a school uniform!!!!
Friday, April 4, 2008
The third challenge of the night was to use a "sketch" style stamp. Any colors, any layout, but it had to be sketchy - I pulled out petal prints, did some faux tearing, added the sentiment layer, a flower and "aged" the ribbon by heating it with my heat gun.
The fourth challenge of the night was to make a "Genie bag" this came off pretty fast! Some patterned paper, some punches, and cut and paste - DONE!
The second challenge of the night was to use thread on a card, any kind of thread used in any way - I hand sewed a back stitched frame around kitty, stamped outside my oval mask, added a prima flower and some stickles - look here >
Stay tuned more to come!!!!