Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Memorialize a child

One of the best things about paper crafting, whether it be card making or scrapbooking or altering, is doing something to bring joy to others.


I happened upon this > http://www.craftcritique.com/2009/07/call-to-serve-butterfly-project.html


"More than 1,500,000 innocent children were murdered during the Holocaust." Lord you know it from your history books, but seeing that number and knowing that was just infants and children gave me a very sick feeling!


If I can make a few butterflies to help show the significance of the number so be it! I'd like to think it's my way of saying "today is your birthday so where ever you are, see the colors and smile"


I found the directions for these accordion butterflies here > http://uklassinus.blogspot.com/2008/06/butterflies.html


Both are made with Stampin' Up! Tea Party papers, the one on the card is compromised of two squares the upper wings are 3 1/4" square, the lower wings are 2 1/4" square.


The larger butterfly is made of an 8 1/2" square and a 7 1/2" square.


Smaller butterfly on a card:



Larger butterfly to hang just for decoration:

No comments: