Friday, November 21, 2008

My little Turkey

I had to make a "Turkey" card for my Michigan Mingle "Goofy Gobblers" secret exchange. Since I'm not really a "cutesy" kinda stamper this is what I came up with using all Stampin' Up! punches!!!

First I started with Scallops and circles.
Added some paperclips and Dimensionals.
Layered it altogether.
Used the Scallop Edge for the "beard" did some more circles and one square for the "beak"

Put that together.
He started to look like this.
I dyed some taffeta ribbon Apricot appeal and frayed it, then added some Always Artichoke Grosgrain ribbon. (Called him a turkey with having a bad hair day)

Put him together with some retired background stamps and came up with the card you see!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the card when I got it, now I'm going to pass on the directions to a friend who liked it too.

Lisa Brown said...

Patty! This little turkey is precious! Love the ribbon!

~ j said...

Patty, this turkey is terrific! I love the mini tutorial too! I would have never thought to do paperclips and ribbon... love it!! Especially the fraying.

I nominated you for a blog award on my blog... I hope you accept it. I read every post on your blog and am inspired by your creativity.