Sunday, December 28, 2008

It Started With A Bee Sting

So how do you treat bee stings? My mother in law always said to mix some baking soda with a little bit of water and put it on the sting to draw the sting out of it. So this past summer Katie was stung and she mixed up baking soda and water goop for 100 bee stings! (Just kidding, but it sure seemed like it at the time!)

Anyway when she realized she had way more than she'd ever need this is the conversation that followed:
Katie: Can't you use it on your paper stuff
Me: I don't think so, it's baking soda!
Katie: What difference does that make? You use shaving cream for pete's sake!
Me: (Lightbulb goes on) You're right let's try it, grab a re-inker color and I'll grab some Glossy Cardstock.
Katie: Now what?
Me: Put two or three drops of ink into the bowl with the baking soda goop and stir it just a bit.
Katie: Now?
Me: Spread it onto the cardstock and we let it dry to see what happens.

So after it dried we knocked the dried baking soda off and had this cool marble kinda background, and then I sat it aside and completely forgot about it!

Until this weekend when I found it in my stash of WishRak images! This is what I ended up making with it...
- ain't it purdy?

1 comment:

Kristin Moore said...

Purdy?? It's stunning! Way to go thinking outside the box!