I was playing around tonight and came up with this. I'm not sure whether I like it or not!
I know that there is probably a name for this, it isn't a new technique, but I don't know what it's called. So for lack of a better name, here's my "Chalk De-Coloring" directions.
- I started my background on More Mustard C/S.
- I used a cotton ball and "swiped" chalks, quite heavily over it. I used Garden Green and Elegant Eggplant chalks.
- Then I inked up my stamp with VersaMark, stamped the image and "pulled" the chalk back off the C/S.
- "Seal" the chalks with cheap hairspray.
- I finished my focal image by stamping the same stamp into my VersaMark, then onto my Garden Green pad - tada! Instant "embossable" image!
- Then I embossed with clear embossing powder, sponged around it, added the ribbon, and punched out the word with my 3/4" circle punch and matted it onto a 1" circle punch
That's it, whadda think?