Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wanna Camp?

As some of you may know one of my favorite things after stamping and scrapping happens to be camping! Well my friend Tracy (aka TracyM. - don't forget the period) over at SCS sent me this card

Well I had to try to figure out how to make it myself and for lack of knowing the appropriate name I'm calling it a Tent Card because it kinda looks like a Tent as it's going together.
I tried to do a picture tutorial here, I hope you can figure out what I did!

Start with an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of CS, score at 4 1/4" and again at 5 3/4"

Turn and score at 2 3/4"

Score at a diagonal to a point (see the pencil lines) between the 4 1/4 and 5 3/4 score lines.

Fold your score lines as shown.
See it's starting to look like a tent.

Flip the fold lines in an up, till you start to see a diamond on the front.
Before decorating it should look like this.
Here's another view
And Ta Da! When you're all done you should get this!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patty - that is a great card. Thanks for the tut too!

Kim said...

Great card. Love the tutorials too.

Carla said...

I am truly in awe that you could figure this out so easily! I'm not sure I could duplicate this even if my life depended on it! (Without your tutorial, that is!) You are SUCH a clever and talented girl!!!

Michelle L. said...

That is a cool fold! Thanks for sharing it, Patty!

Unknown said...

This is mighty clever. Thanks ofr the excellent how-to